View of Rogue Valley from Wagner Butte

Post Office, Talent, Oregon

28 March 1883 .... after noon I went to Talents. James Helms and I went on his bonds as post Master, of the P. O. of Talent, Jackson County Oregon. [Welborn Beeson Diary]
14 April 1883 ... I gave bonds for Commission as Notary Public A P Talent & James Purves as bondsman. I have written letter for seal to Henry Hudson, Portland. [Welborn Beeson Diary]
27 April 1883 .. I went to Ashland, Received the Notary Stamp, as Notary Public I got two letters out of the new post office at Talent.... [Welborn Beeson Diary]
3 Feb 1888....Mr Talent was up I wrote a letter to the first Asst. Post master General for him in regard to Post office.[Welborn Beeson Diary]

4 Feb 1888....I wrote out a Petition to have Mr Talent retained as postmaster at Talent
J Helms Circulated the Petition [Welborn Beeson Diary]
1 JULY 1884 ... I went to Talent to Acknowledge him to P. O. Report [Welborn Beeson Diary